The Civil War Sesquicentennial is now here! Learn more about this commemoration of our nation's past!
If you enjoy learning about history & sharing it with others, volunteering at Lee Hall Mansion may be right for you
Groups of all ages will learn about the Lee family and the role this home played during the Civil War.
Wistar's Raid & the Confederate Volunteer Coast Guard Civil War Van Tour
Learn about Confederate naval raiders on the Chesapeake Bay and explore rural Mathews County with historian J. Michael Moore visiting the sites associated with Union Brig. Gen. Isaac Wistar's October 1863 raid. All tours leave from Lee Hall Mansion. Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early. Bring a bag lunch, drink, and small cooler. You will be walking a lot. Wear comfortable walking shoes. Sign up early; space is limited. $50 per person. Payment is due no later than 2 weeks before the tour. Payment guarantees your reservation. No refunds 1 week prior to tour. Make checks payable to Lee Hall Mansion. Mail to: Lee Hall Mansion, 163 Yorktown Road, Newport News, VA 23603.
- 2/21/2015 - Lee's Mill/Lee Hall Tour
- 3/21/2015 - Civil War Van Tour, The Richmond Front 1864-1865
- 4/4/2015 - Lee Hall Mansion's Great Egg Hunt
- 4/18/2015 - Civil War Van Tour, The Siege of Petersburg: The Western Front
- 4/25/2015 - Lee's Mill/Lee Hall Mansion Tour
- 5/16/2015 - Civil War Van Tour, The Fall of Richmond
- 6/13/2015 - Summer Wine Celebration
- 6/20/2015 - Civil War Van Tour, Lee’s Retreat
- 7/18/2015 - Civil War Van Tour, Wistar’s Raid